Current Students and Postdocs
- Mohamad Bairakdar: Machine Learning in Aging Research
- Yifei He: Reinforcement Learning for Conformer Generation
- Runxuan Jiang: Reinforcement Learning for Conformer Generation
- Anh Tuan (Alan) Tran: Reinforcement Learning (co-mentored with Ziping Xu)
Former Students and Postdocs
- Baekjin Kim, Ph.D. 2021, Department of Statistics Outstanding Dissertation Award. Thesis: Stability in Online Learning: From Random Perturbations in Bandit Problems to Differential Privacy. Machine Learning Engineer, Twitter, San Francisco, CA.
- Jonathan (Jack) Goetz, Ph.D. 2020. Thesis: Active Learning in Non-parametric and Federated Settings. Research Scientist, Facebook, Menlo Park, CA.
- Young Hun Jung, Ph.D. 2020. Thesis: New Directions in Online Learning: Boosting, Partial Information, and Non-Stationarity. ML Research Scientist, Microsoft, Sunnyvale, CA.
- Yitong Sun, Ph.D. 2019, ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Awards Honorable Mention, Peter Smereka Award for Best AIM (Applied and Interdisciplinary Mathematics) Thesis: Random Features Methods in Supervised Learning (co-advised with Prof. Anna Gilbert). Research Engineer, Huawei, Shenzhen, China.
- Chansoo Lee, Ph.D. 2018. Thesis: Analysis of Perturbation Techniques in Online Learning (co-advised with Prof. Jacob Abernethy). Software Engineer, Google Brain, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Kam Chung Wong, Ph.D. 2017. Thesis: Lasso Guarantees for Dependent Data. Advisory Services Senior, Ernst and Young, New York, NY.
- Mohamad Kazem Shirani Faradonbeh, Ph.D. 2017. Thesis: Non-asymptotic Adaptive Control of Linear-Quadratic Systems (co-advised with Prof. George Michailidis). Assistant Professor, Department of Statistics, University of Georgia, Athens, GA.
- Huitian (Emmy) Lei, Ph.D. 2016. Thesis: An Online Actor Critic Algorithm and a Statistical Decision Procedure for Personalizing Intervention (co-advised with Prof. Susan Murphy). Research Scientist, Amazon Alexa, Cambridge, MA.
- Sougata Chaudhuri, Ph.D. 2016. Thesis: Learning to Rank: Online Learning, Statistical Theory and Applications. Data Science Engineer, A9.com, Palo Alto, CA.
Undergraduate Students with Honors Thesis
Other Undergraduate Students